Monday, May 2, 2011

We be "Blooming"

This past weekend was mine and Mason's very first Bloomsday, we were joined by Aunt Mack, Aunt Kaysee, Aunt Kelly and Kristen Dixon!  We loaded up in suburban bright and early Sunday morning and Grandma dumped us off to get registered.  We literally got to experience what the true definition of being "herded like cattle" felt like.

The start of the race was a little more then I was anticipating-start, stop, start, stop, run up on some unleashed kids ankles...it was pure madness everywhere.  As we really started moving I began looking at the spectators who were have mimosas for breakfast and it dawned on me; Who the hell am I trying to fool???  I would much rather be them!
Mason did great! He slept about 80% of the time and just enjoyed the scenery...no peeps from this Bloomer!

The stroller section really should be listed as the "Anything Goes" section.  I could take one look at the mom, then the stroller and know exactly if this was someone I should stay close behind too or pass in the wind!  I'm thinking about suggesting to the Bloomsday Committee that they should break-up this section into two groups; "Moms on a Mission" or "Leisurely Lost". 



TOP 5 REASONS YOU KNOW YOU’RE IN THE SLOW GROUP
  1. Texting...I have no time to text while I'm pushing a stroller-move it or lose it!
  2. Leisurely strolling hand in hand, with your partner, GAZING into one another eyes!
  3. Wearing jean cut-offs and walking in flip flops
  4. Pulling a Red Radio Flyer Wagon, 5 deep, as the kids barrel off and on  
  5. Chowing down on an Egg McMuff and begin choking all while still participating in the walk; with a Venti Frap in the other hand
All in all it was a great experience and I'll be doing it again.  BUT when the day comes and my kid wants to jump out of the stroller at every snow cone stand, hotdog booth, or medic tent to check out what color of band-aids they have HE WILL BE STAYING AT HOME!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Kellee. So happy to see you have a blog!!! (found the link on my facebook news today) It is fun and a great way to "scrapbook" all those memories you'll never get written down in the damn baby book. You can literally get it printed into a book, and voila, it's done! Since I don't see you monthly anymore, I can keep up with you this way :) Mason is as cute as always and way to go on braving Bloomsday with a stroller!

    ReplyDelete